On this last day of the year 2011, it is with great joy that I reminisce on the MUSIC we made in the past five years and that which we will make in this most auspicious of years coming up – 2012!
First, I remember the beauty of life from my golden pond upon which I live and my comfortable home.
My greatest joy is being able to pick up the phone or take a 40-minute drive to talk with and spend time with my father, Uriah (92). He’s lucid and fully aware of everything happening around the world. This is a blessing!
My children are doing well and believe me, THAT’S A BLESSING!
And! My brother Carlton married Letitia on December 3, 2011 @ 9 a.m. in West Palm Beach, Florida. Yeyyyyyyyy! [Photo]
When you reunite with old friends, you know you’re on the right track. Roach Thompson is one of the most entertaining guitarists and Bluesmen I have ever experienced. I used to be a groupie for ROACH THOMPSON’S BLUES BAND! They made me jump on the stage and rock it more than once!
The second compilation CD is ready to drop with 10 fabulous female composers who are all members of Women in Jazz South Florida, Inc. Well, it turns out that my bass player Anthony Turner referred me to Roach, when I needed to get our second compilation CD mastered.
Kiki and Anthony performed with me on Christmas Eve in Coral Gables. We had a ball and will be together on January 6, 2012, at the Miami Shores Country Club.
and the beat goes on!
What I desire, believe, and expect in 2011. . .
- God will help you overcome any hardship!
- In music, one must think with her heart and feel with her brain.
- Willingness opens the door to knowledge, direction and achievement.
- You will have a party!
- Try not to stand on your own side in an argument.
- Take that luxury way, what you spent will get pay back.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- The closest distance between two people is a good laugh.
- You will be a philanthropist in your later years.
- Life is the sum of the ingredients you put into it!